Saturday, August 30, 2014

image
CALOKIE
My Significant Other

No pleasing that woman of mine.

“I’m getting tired of same old sex,” 
she says first thing during foreplay
“Come closer. I can’t feel you.
Why are you hiding from me?”

So I wrap my arms tighter around her.
“Jesus Christ! I can’t breathe.
You’re trying too hard.
Just let us be.”

Gently enter cavern in quest of desired prize. 
“You’re strolling, not probing,” she complains.
“Exhilarate, don’t bore me.”

I speed up the rhythm.
“Whoa! Slow down the jackhammer, Mac!
“Do I look like a sidewalk?”

I lower tempo to reach climatic moment
but it still won’t come.

I’m exhausted.
“I don’t think I can.
I don’t think I can.
I don’t think I can,”
I say, ready to give up.

“Yes, you fucking can!”

It comes.
I show her the little rascal.

“Not bad,” she says.
“See you next poem.”

No comments:

Post a Comment