Sunday, December 13, 2009

Eric Lawson

PAINFULLY WHITE

I’m a walking, talking, blank canvas
Try as you may to add some color
I resist and it all runs away from me

Though I feel every minute brush stroke
And see the breathtaking art before me
I just can’t get my closed mind around it

Bending
Twisting
Stretching
Reaching out to you to no avail

We can’t seem to mesh our ideals
Like oil, water, blood, and cocaine
Or customer service and Turret’s
Some things just don’t mix well

I have a dire absence of rhythm
A black hole where style should be
Yet an abundance of confidence,
Wit and clever sarcasm galore

This is a contradiction that should
Not be living much less thriving
And I lord my inadequacies over you
Like some fuming, feudal seaside king
To greater LA’s surfing serfs

Will you forgive me, dear friends?
For I know not what I do
I’m painfully white, you see
But it’s all I’ve ever known
Lend me your rose-tinted glasses
So I may finally see what you see


FOR A VIDEO OF ERIC PERFORMING THIS POEM GO TO >
http://www.youtube.com/user/InfinityLimitedPress?ytsession=bqFhdXktxjJDBJxWNbMFkx99Rgh4hm9hHo_PzwvLxjRMI_mXQxKgnaHS-flmfD3xrQ4jRsFEpM5xlAW18FzUQEL1Z8tLxyJD9w8yfkqu3XWsFJGrkWJBkJQHv0fHHZsK0zc1Y2SWb5bHUug-tPBFn3fx7w517b9-5MhOQgLDdl7VxiRvaxxaOjWYzpZJfsDI6LAUqAOGPMe5VXEjxx38atHBYNvQ2K_q8kWWJ6K59r2HQNsgQwx8D0GjzVj2m-Zhnaa155QzxYhpgcImii1E0LGhhD9_5u4vFqBG0xwBNrY#p/a/u/2/ePD_b5HCqDg

1 comment:

  1. This poem is TERRIBLE.

    Also, it's "Tourette's."

    ReplyDelete