Sunday, December 20, 2009


Toti O’Brien

PHOTO ALBUM

Fingering
last year’s
photo album
I see faces
smiling
serene

Nobody ever
cries
in the frames
that’s allowed
only
to kids

Sure
nobody argues or
fights
because
in that case
you don’t click

*

Well our daily
misery
I guess
skips those
celebrating
snapshots

Life is here
recorded indeed
like a flowing
stream with
flowery
shores

Life goes by
without
storms or waterfalls
curled by a
delicate
breeze

*

And what else
is worth
after all
but those proofed
fragments
of grace

All the rest is
unwitnessed
tears
hanging from the
spires
of our mind

1 comment:

  1. I "met" Toti today standing in a line of people. We chit-chatted a little. At first sight I was infatuated. There was/is something magical about here. She carries herself with a grace and a presence that is impossible to miss. She stands out from the crowd like a bright flower in a field of dying weeds. I wanted so much to tell her that I thought she was beautiful and special but I felt awkward and shy so I just admired her and then she concluded her business and left. Her name was mentioned so I Googled it when I got home and found that she is a talented artist and it all made sense. This woman rocks!

    ReplyDelete